Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tents

I have an affinity for tents!

I am currently using a 2005 model Wegner (Swiss Army Knife) 4 person. This tent is 8x7 foot with a 52 inch height.
I like using the Kelty Noah's Tarp 9x9 to add extra porch room. I use this tent for "rally" events, that is camping more than 3 nights.

I also have an ASOLO Astro 3 which I really like for moto camping. It is a smaller 2 person tent but packs as small as any 1, and some 2, person tents.
 





Additionally I have a Sierra Designs Clip Flashlight 2 Tent which I have used sparingly (twice) but like it's easy set up design. It is a 2 person tent but like most 2 person tents, 1 person is comfortable. The only thing I don't prefer (which is why I prefer my ASOLO) is it only has one entry/exit. A really nice tent for traveling light.


Currently I have just purchased a new Quest Eagle 6 which is a 10x10 footprint and a 76 inch standing height. I am planning on a trip to the Overland Expo in Ashville, NC. in October and going to use this tent. At 6' 3" I enjoy the standing height and the extra interior room will allow me to store my luggage boxes inside out of the weather. I will be using the Kelty Noah's 9x9 tarp, as I do with all camping, to provide extra weather protection.
Quest Eagle Peak 6 Person Tent - Dick's Sporting Goods 

No comments:

Post a Comment